Tuesday, September 9, 2014

He's Not So Fantastic


I love Mrs Fox from Wes Anderson's The Fantastic Mr Fox. She's blunt, she's firm, and she knows where she stands:

          MRS. FOX
          Twelve fox-years ago, you made a promise
          to me while we were caged inside that fox-
          trap that, if we survived, you would
          never steal another chicken, goose,
          turkey, duck, or squab, whatever they
          are. I believed you. Why did you lie to
          me?

                         FOX

                         (SIMPLY)
          Because I'm a wild animal.

          MRS. FOX
          You're also a husband and a father.

                         FOX

                         (PAINED)
          I'm trying to tell you the truth about
          myself.

          MRS. FOX
          I don't care about the truth about
          yourself.

          Fox looks down at the ground. He nods and tries to contain
          his emotions. Mrs. Fox watches him coldly.

          MRS. FOX
          This story is too predictable.

                         FOX

                         (SURPRISED)
          Predictable? Really? What happens in the
          end?

          MRS. FOX

                         (QUIETLY)
          In the end, we all die -- unless you
          change.






1 comment: